The acne is a skin disease, the occurrence of which is associated with several factors. Oily glands are linked to hair follicles. Acne is characterized by excessive activity of the sebaceous glands, i.e. releases too much fat, and follicular rash is elevated, i.e. they tend to clog up. For these reasons, closed or open comedones begin to form (otherwise called as blackheads). When acne bacteria shows up, an inflammatory reaction occurs, acne becomes red, painful, and when left undetected, the skin may contain pink patches and / or scars. The acne usually occurs during puberty, but adults can also be affected.
How is acne treated by laser?
Acne treatment is performed by a new generation of light-emitting MeDioStar NeXT PRO laser - it heals inflammatory skin rashes, reducing redness, swelling, and pimples. The heat emitted by the laser stops acne from multiplying bacteria, as well as disturbs the circulation of the blood in the ignition area. As a result, the activity of the skin's sebaceous glands is reduced, inflammatory and immunological reactions are reduced. During the procedure, the pulse of the laser released by the light causes a slight tingling, but it does not cause any pain as the top layer of the skin is freezing at the same time. The next day after the procedure, you will notice an improvement in the skin condition: the number of abscesses will decrease, the skin will become smoother, more beautiful.
Results to be expected after acne treatment with laser
- Acne bacteria is destroyed;
- Noticeably less acne berries (comedones, papules, pustules);
- Decreased fat production in the skin;
- Collagen production is activated;
- Improved physiological processes in the skin;
- More beautiful and cleaner skin that looks significantly healthier.
How many procedures can be needed?
The recommended treatment for acne is 3-4 procedures, but a 7-10 day breaks are required. The entire course of treatment should be completed within 50-60 days.
How does the skin look after the procedure?
The skin may be slightly red, but the redness usually disappears quickly.
Is the procedure painful?
The treatment is painless due to the integrated refrigeration system, but during the procedure, the patient may feel a slight tingling or a feeling of warmth.
Should another treatment measures be used when healing acne by laser?
Acne damaged skin requires constant care, so it is necessary to use local remedies that are designed for acne-prone skin problems.
The most common causes of acne
- Hormonal changes in the body;
- Irregular diet;
- Misuse of cosmetics.
Types of acne
- Comedonic acne is an acne characterized by open and closed comedones;
- Papule-pustular acne is an acne characterized by papules, pustules and scabs, which are formed from comedones after inflammation. When they are healed, there is a possibility of scars left;
- The cystic acne is a severe form of acne, when among the blackheads, papules, pustules and scabs develop painful nodules and cyst, leaving deep scars in the skin.
Important to know
Before the procedure
Recommended for at least 4 weeks before treatment:
- Do not use photosensitizing drugs (photosensitive to light), for example, Doxycycline, Roakutan;
- Obviate acne skin scrub procedures;
- Avoid ultraviolet (direct sun / solarium), i.e. the healing spot should not be tanned.
After the treatment
- Already the next day after the procedure, you will notice an improvement in the skin condition: the number of abscesses will decrease, the skin will become smoother and more beautiful;
- If the scabs were formed – do not touch them;
- Avoid direct sunlight and do not go to the solarium;
- Use sunscreen (SPF 25 or more) if you have to spend more time outdoors;
- If you notice skin irritation or other skin reactions that are not mentioned here, contact your doctor first!
Side effects and complications
Medical treatment procedures always leave a low risk. Usually, this treatment has several side effects:
- Depending on the size of the damage, skin redness, swelling and / or feeling of warmth may be seen after treatment;
- Scabs or blisters can be formed as they cannot be touched or damaged;
- In very rare cases, little scars or skin cracks can form.